Strategy to Sell My Business if I am in YPO (Young Presidents' Organization)


Today's episode of the podcast, Robert Hirsch from Freedom Factory discusses "Strategy to Sell My Business if I am in YPO (Young Presidents' Organization)".

Listen to the podcast, watch the video, or read the transcript below.

Additional Videos From Freedom Factory

How to Stay Involved in My Business But Sell the Majority

I Love My Business. How do I Sell My Baby? Boulder Boat Works case study.

 

Transcript of Podcast

Robert Hirsch business broker from Freedom Factory

Hey, it's Robert Hirsch from Freedom Factory, and I want to talk to you about selling your business if you're in a YPO. Now, if you're in the young president's organization, congratulations! You've hit a certain level of complexity and growth to your business and you've grown it far beyond 95% of entrepreneurs ever will.

When it comes time to selling your business, there's a couple options, right? So one, everybody knows somebody and they want to introduce you, and that's how I made my largest mistake. When I was younger, I used to run software companies in Silicon Valley and I would go to my forum presentation and everybody knew someone to help me sell it.

The reality is in my circumstance, I sold it with the wrong person and left a lot of money on the table. And the reason why is it didn't specialize in my vertical and they didn't have a lot of experience with it. You've probably seen some of my other videos when we talk about entrepreneurs not speaking banker and bankers not speaking entrepreneur, but it was really difficult.

For example, my forum has been together for almost 20 years when it started off in EO together and I made a forum presentation because my business no longer served me. I wanted to really get as much information as I could and everybody offered to introduce me to somebody, but nobody knew the right person to sell.

Here at Freedom Factory, we take more of a global and international approach, very similar to YPO or gathering of Titans, of birthing of giants. We look at it and say, okay, how do we find the right buyer? How do we search the world or scour the globe for the perfect buyer for this? Whether it's strategic, whether it's through marketing, inbound, outbound. The most important thing is to take that unique business opportunity and put it in front of enough buyers to create deal tension and have people competing for your business. And as an entrepreneur, when you have multiple people competing for your business, you win.

But here's the elusive obvious piece or the piece that many people miss. It's not having multiple people that want your business. It's having multiple people that want your business at the same time. Meaning when two people are holding up their checks, that's generating deal tension and you the entrepreneur ultimately benefits from it.

Now, if you have questions about how do you take your business to market, what's it worth? How do I attract the right buyer? Give us a call here at Freedom Factory. There's a couple of good things, but I promise that we won't have to talk in gestalt protocol. We can give you all the information you need in order to make the right decision. I'm Robert, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

 

Thank you so much for watching. Please hit like and subscribe.

Contact Freedom Factory

Freedom Factory
5500 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Ste 230
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Phone: 844-MAX-VALUE (844-629-8258)
https://www.freedomfactory.com/
https://g.page/freedom-factory-denver

Also, Follow Freedom Factory here 

Best Business Brokers- video portfolio

Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook.com

Connect on Linkedin

Youtube Channel

Available on Youtube:

Managing Partners

Learn more about the managing partners, Tyler Tysdal, and Robert Hirsch.

About Tyler Tysdal


Check out this episode!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Value of Selling Your E-Commerce or Digital Business

How Can I Live My Best Life by Selling My Business

Caution: What is the Trap of the Working Wealthy?